- State: Uttar Pradesh
- District: Allahabad
- Tourism Type: City
- Area: 5,424 sq kms
- Population: 49, 41,510 (According to Indian Census, 2001)
- Altitude: 98 m.
- Telephone codes: 0532 (India) and +91 (International)
- Pin codes: 211001-18
- Languages: Hindi, Urdu and English
- What to buy?
Namkeens such as bhujia, gahtiya, chat papri, saigo, gazak, etc., jewelry, handicrafts and antiques, brasswares, books, incense sticks, idols of gods and goddesses, camphor, vermilion, books based on mythological stories, etc.
- Best time to visit: November and February
- Clothing recommended:
- Winter - Light or Heavy Warm wears, Layered clothing and walking shoes.
- Summer - Cotton clothes (woolen clothes as well)
- Local transportation: Car, Train, Bus and Taxi
Food specialties: Awadhi Cuisine, Mughalai Cuisine, Rasgulle, samosa, puri, kachori, Galavayi Kabab, chaat, namkeens, rewadi, rabri, kulfi, baati chokha, burfi, banarsi paan, etc.
- Water Sports: Skiing, Para-sailing, kayaking, canoeing, wind surfing enterprise, yachting boat, optimist sailing, water snookering, shallow water diving with single cylinder
- Popularly known as: ‘Prayag’, ‘Akbarabad’, ‘Tirtyh Raj’, ‘The City of God’, ‘King of all Pilgrimage Centers’, ‘City of Prime Ministers’ and ‘Illahabad’